2013 Ohioana Book Festival Volunteer Opportunities
All Ohioana Book Festival volunteers receive an Ohioana Book Festival t-shirt! (Volunteering is the ONLY way to get one!)
Additionally, volunteers will be entered in a raffle to be drawn after the Festival is over. Each shift that you volunteer for is one entry in the raffle!
Volunteer shifts on the day of the Festival range from 2 to 4 hours, you are able to volunteer for more than one shift.
Unless otherwise noted, shifts are: 9am-12pm, 12-3pm, and 3-5pm
Volunteer positions available:
- Help other volunteers find where they should be, pass out t-shirts to volunteers at volunteer check-in, etc. (Outdoor, under tent)
- Welcome Festival guests, help guests find handicapped and additional parking, pass out programs, mark attendance, etc. (Indoor/Outdoor)
- Provide information and directions to guests, distribute and collect door prize entries and comment forms at Ohioana table. (Indoor)
- Provide assistance to authors in the main Festival area: restocking books, getting drinks, watching tables for a short period of time, etc. Will also include an author check-in position during first shift of the day. (Indoor)
- Move between rooms/buildings with programming to intercept any problems and help out where needed. Take room attendance at each of the Festival programs. Place security bands on books that have been brought from home for authors to sign. (Indoor)
Children’s Activities *Shift time is 9:30am-1:30pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm
-Setup, monitor and run planned craft activities and book raffle, monitor room during author storytimes, guide/wear costumed character suit, and teardown/store craft supplies at the end of the day.
Set Up and Tear Down *Shift time for set up is 8am-10am, tear down is 4:30pm-6pm* (Indoor/Outdoor)
- Help us get the Festival started during set up, and help get Fort Hayes ready for school on Monday during tear down.
We are also looking for volunteers to help in the planning stages of the Festival, logistics the week prior to the Festival, and follow-up and feedback collection after the Festival.
To register to volunteer the day of the Festival, click here.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer in our offices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.